I almost overslept due to some kitties who were cuddling rather sweetly, but I made my swim, and I’m so glad I did. We did 3300 meters this morning, much of which was 500s. It was a nice workout. This evening I’m meeting Poppe to run the trails. This makes it a rather happy May 1.
I have a short list of things I still need to do to get ready for the race:
(1) figure out the housing situation in CdA.
(2) schedule a tune up after Captex but before I have to give up my bike to Tribike Transport.
(3) double check my tires to see if I should replace them before the race (not that I tend to overlook that little issue, right Erin?).
(4) replace the battery in my bike computer.
(5) figure out what’s going to go into my “Special Needs” bag.
I think that’s about it. Oh, and keep up the training.
I’m pretty proud of how April went for me. I’m feeling like I’m in the best shape of my life, so I really can’t ask for much more than that. (Though if I could, I’d ask for Jeanie’s abs, Erin’s running legs, and Robin’s legendary ability to power up hills on the bike. I’d also ask for Catherine’s heart whatever the circumstances and the ability to keep up with Malinda in races, all the while maintaining her beautiful smile. Would that be asking too much?)
I have to admit that I was feeling pretty good about myself yesterday when three different people commented on how I look like I’ve lost weight. Why, yes I have. Not a ton, but everything has shifted a bit for the better, and pants that didn’t fit three months ago are loose now. But then again, if training for an Ironman doesn’t whip me into shape and cause me to lose a few pounds, it’s pretty safe to say that nothing will!