Five things to be grateful for:
(1) But for the damn gallbladder thing, I’m very healthy.
(2) I am strong enough to train for and compete in and finish an Ironman.
(3) I am lucky enough to have medical insurance and access to surgery that I need.
(4) I am lucky enough to have a job that allows me the flexibility to pursue this crazy sport and the means to finance it.
(5) Every bit of training done to date will help with whatever the next race ends up being.
Can you tell I’m trying to be positive?
It’s hard to be positive when plans get derailed. Why does this happen? Did I have too much wrapped up in this race? Did I make it too important?
I think there’s something more to be learned here. I’m really trying.