I’m home after a fun day of training, eating, and playing games with the family. We played Taboo and Rummikub. I won at both. That’s not necessarily what made it fun, but it certainly didn’t hurt anything. I like to win.
I have a gingerbread candle burning in the kitchen, the washing machine and dryer are both humming, and Almost Famous is on HBO. It’s good to be in my space. It’s a little quieter than I’d like though. I’d like someone to be here. I’d like the phone to ring. I’d like to hear the ding of a text message coming in, even at this late hour.
- My house remodel got done in two relatively painless weeks.
- A writer hired me to edit his novel.
- My editor accepted my most recent piece with only minor changes. No rewrite needed.
- Last Saturday, I had dinner with a girl I’ve known since the fourth grade, and we realized that, nearly three decades later, we laugh together as much as we did as kids.
- I’ve lost three pounds in just over three weeks. (This is completely superficial, I know. But I’ll take victories wherever I can find them.)
- In just two weeks, I will see the Grand Canyon for the first time.
- In three weeks, I get to see my dear friend Rey.
- I’m going to spend my birthday, which is one month from today, at Enchanted Rock with friends.
- I’ll be going to Spain in three months to see my friend Erin and to run the Barcelona marathon.
- I got invited to join a Hood to Coast team for 2013.