I should warn you. I’m in a funk. This list will reflect that.
- I don’t understand people who “friend” you on Facebook because you are in a relationship with someone they know or because they are the spouse of a dear old friend of yours and then “unfriend” you because you breakup or they divorce. You either are my friend or you are not. If you think the friendship depends on the existence of a relationship other than the one between you and me, then you are not.
- I don’t understand people who come into a conversation with their minds already made up. If you are not here to listen and actually consider what I have to say, please don’t waste my time. I don’t think better of you for having sat down with me. I think you think a lot of yourself.
- I don’t understand people who make you feel guilty about being busy and not having seen them in a while. Calling me “stranger” or telling me I’ve got too much going on does not make me thankful that I chose to use my time to call or meet with you. If you are not the kind of friend who can pick up where we left off with no guilt-oriented commentary, I don’t want your friendship.
- I don’t understand people who lap swim but are unwilling to share a lane. Seriously? Did you just say no when I asked to split the lane with you? Are you just such a poor swimmer that you can’t keep yourself on one side of the lane? Or are you so entitled that you think sharing a lane is beneath you somehow? By the way, you don’t help anything by the excessive amount of time you spend standing at the wall talking to your friend in the next lane who is also unwilling to share a lane. Swim your damn laps or get out of the pool.
- I don’t understand people who inject themselves into your space in a locker room and proceed to spread their clothes, towels and toiletries all over the place. If you walk into a locker room and see that I’m using a locker and a bench on one side, please don’t take the locker right next to me and take over my space. Pick a locker on the other side of the room. You know, that big empty space full of lockers with not a single person in sight? Go there.
Bleh. All of this just feels crummy. And of course some of it is completely unimportant, but I lose my patience when my heart is affected, and right now, my heart is affected.
Thanks for hearing me out.