While I figure that out, I offer some wishes:
- That work stays busy but does not turn overwhelming.
- That I quickly fall back into a routine of getting all of my workouts in before work each morning.
- That I continue to keep up with my personal essay class.
- That my time with friends, especially those I rarely get to see, be sweet.
- That I find time to be at home alone.
- That I sleep through the nights.
- That I be open to the possibility of finding love.
I suddenly heard Nanci Griffith’s “If Wishes Were Changes” in my head. Wishes may not be changes, but I do believe they are a step in the right direction.