My weekend of rediscovering Austin really got me thinking about things to do in Austin. It’s a great town, and I know I haven’t taken advantage of all that it has to offer. I’ve been forming a list of things I’d like to experience in the near future. Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- Do a trail run at Pedernales Falls State Park, which I’m scheduled to do on Saturday with Trailhead Running!
- Hike or run through McKinney Falls State Park.
- Visit the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and have lunch in their cafe.
- Spend a Thursday night (or two or three) at the Broken Spoke.
- Visit the Dripping Springs Public Library and get a library card.
- Visit the Blanton Museum of Art.
- Visit the Harry Ransom Center.
- Visit Donn’s Depot on a Monday night. (Mac? Join me?)
- Watch some improv at New Movement or the Hideout or both.
- Try a session at the Hot Lava Obstacle Course. (Valerie, this one is all you.)
- Try stand up paddle-boarding on Lady Bird Lake.
- Go back to Uchiko. (Erin and Joe, I’m counting on you to do this with me when Erin visits!)
- Go to a show at the One World Theatre.
- Join Ride Like a Girl for some mountain biking. (The one and only time I’ve tried mountain biking about ten years ago, I looked terribly battered afterwards but had a great time. I need to get my bike tuned up.)
- Visit Travaasa, a cool-looking spa, preferably on a weekday as a reprieve from the regular work week.
- Participate in the activity that I’m still code-naming “Pedicures With Poppe.”
These are ideas. I’m always game for more. Feel free to pass along your suggestions!