It’s been a long time since I did a list. It’s been a long time since I’ve been regular about being on this blog. I miss both. And since it’s Thanksgiving, I thought I’d dive back in with a list of goodness and gratitudes from today.
- This morning, I did another track workout. Last week, my bests were a 1:55 and a 1:50. Today, my bests were a 1:51 and a 1:48. I’m thankful for my training group and all the encouragement they offer.
- I spent a few hours at work this morning. Normally, I’d be all grumbly about it, but it was fun to come in, see my friends, get some things done, and then head out. More than ever, I’m realizing how lucky I am to work where I do. For that, I’m grateful.
- I left mid-day to meet my sister and my niece for lunch. That kid of ours is better than the whole rest of our family put together. I love every minute I get to spend with her hearing about her life, her ambitions, and just generally where her head is. I am grateful for the person she is and for the light I know she will always be in this world.
- After lunch, I spent a bit of time reading and writing in my journal. I haven’t been doing much of either in recent days, so I welcome the holiday season as an invitation to take that time for myself where I can. I’m grateful for books, both blanks ones and those with words already in them.
- I’m heading out shortly for a church service at a small church started by a friend of mine. I’m grateful that we live in a country that allows us to worship freely.
- Later tonight, I’ll be having dinner with Dave. I’m grateful to be with someone I love who also loves me.
This Thanksgiving, I hope each of you is surrounded by people you love who also love you. I hope you are able to celebrate in ways that are meaningful to you. I hope you’re able to do things that bring you deep joy. I hope you find rest. And I hope you feel gratitude for this life that we have.
Happiest of Thanksgivings to you.