A number of people, organizations, and programs feed my writing.
- Jeanne Guy. Her “Your Life is Your Art” workshop taught me to listen to the inner me and challenged me to pursue the life I could imagine. I continue to participate in her monthly gatherings. Jeanne’s presence calms, excites, and focuses me.
- Janet Conner. She is a writer and writing teacher who uses a method of deep soul journal writing that she developed through her own writing practice. I recommend her book, Writing Down Your Soul.
- Mary Anne Radmacher. She is a writer, artist, and the creator of my favorite personalized journal, which is pictured here.
- Read to Write Stories. This site by Michael Noll offers exercises and lessons based on current writing. I find new books and lots of useful tips through this page.
- Story Circle Network. This organization offers online and live programs for women with stories to tell. The classes give me opportunities to write with other women who love to write.
- Writers’ League of Texas. This organization offers courses I’ve found useful. Through them, I found Michael Noll, whom I adore.
Programs (past and future):
- Lifelines, A Weekend Writing Retreat with Christina Baldwin, March 4-6, 2011, Round Top, Texas
- “Reframing Life Events into Stories of Empowerment” with Christina Baldwin through the Therapeutic Writing Institute, June 27 – July 22, 2011
- “The Self as the Source of the Story,” with Christina Baldwin, November 27 – December 3, 2012, Whidbey Island, Washington
- “Courage to Change, Courage to Love Yourself,” a Re-Story Writing Retreat for Women with Jeanne Guy, April 19-21, 2013, Round Top, Texas
- “Storyline,” a conference with Donald Miller, October 12-13, 2013, Nashville, Texas